Due to the horribleness (that’s a word, right?) of my effort last week I have decided to redo the week. I just don’t feel right counting it towards my challenge when I did not come close to accomplishing what I wanted to.
Here’s some of my issues I have been having with working out:
- Sleeping – I used to wake up early with no problem, but now when the alarm goes off at 6:15 I hit snooze and don’t want to get out of bed.
- Solution – This week I will not hit snooze, even if the kids have been up multiple times throughout the night and I am tired.
- Stress – I don’t know about anyone else, but when I am extra stressed it’s hard for me to exercise. All of my worries just run through my head and I think of everything else that I should be doing at that moment instead of exercising.
- Solution – I am working hard on focusing about casting my cares on God and trusting Him in each area of my life. Life might be difficult right now, but I can still behave in a stable way.
- Lack of Desire – When I miss my workout first thing in the morning I just don’t care to do it later in the day. I am busy and there are a million things to do and I just skip it.
- Solution – Back up to sleeping, I am not going to hit snooze and I will work out early in the day so I don’t give myself a chance to push it off.
Sometimes life just doesn’t go like we plan and I am learning that when that happens we are pretty much left with two choices (1) keep doing what we have been doing and hoping something will change or (2) look at how we got to where we are and then evaluate what changes can be made to obtain a better outcome. I have been trying #1 for a long time, now I’m trying the other option.